Monday, January 31, 2011
Questions and Answers
Several questions have also been sent to us, and we are going to respond to some of those questions here.
1. Are you two really utilizing the ways to make money that you post in your blog? Absolutely. There are many ways to earn a secondary income. We are only sharing with you what we are personally involved with. We even include the income figures and time involved to help you decide if it is something you'd like to be a part of.
2. Why do something like Amazon's Mechanical Turk that only averages $2 to $3 per hour? We just look at it as part of the income stream. It is so easy to kick back in our camper, shoes off, tunes playing and do some very simple online projects and get paid for it.
3. Why don't you add a "donation" button to your blog? We support those that have donation buttons on their blogs or websites. We just choose to do it in a different fashion. Look around as you read both of our blogs. First, we have Google ads. Not a big moneymaker, only about $4.00 in the past year. We do place ads of products and services that either we personally use, or they have been recommended by friends. Let us give you some examples. We found our health insurance through eHealthInsurance. We now have dental plans that we found through DentalPlans.com. We signed up to receive surveys through the various companies that we've listed on our blogsite.
On our other blog, Workamping World Tour 2011, we show other ads. We have friends that use VacationRentals.com to rent out their home while on the road. They love it, and make a nice income from that. We spoke about going to New York when other friends of ours told us to get the New York Pass. We have also used FindLegalForms.com to download some documents that we needed.
We have an Amazon.com ad that shows some of our favorite books, and also some items that we've purchased for the camper. The folding shower rod is wonderful. The tankless water heater is priceless! The only item that we do not have that is listed there is the Frugillionaire book, and that was highly recommended to us by some other fellow workampers. We recently met another workamper that is an avid golfer. He keeps his costs down with
The Golf Card. We are not golfers, but he stated that it pays for itself within a couple of rounds.
So, if you see an ad that is of interest to you, then by all means, check it out. Will we make a few pennies? Yes. Is it a mentionable source of our secondary income? Not at all.
4. Do you participate in any charity work? Yes we do. We have volunteered for various soup kitchens, rescue missions and conservation groups. We are animal lovers, so the charity that we give to is the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA). We have personally seen them in action, and have friends dedicated to the work that they do. We have donation buttons for the WSPA on both of our blogs.
5. Why? This is a very broad, yet easy question to answer. One of our favorite movies is "Pay It Forward". This is our way of sharing ideas with others that they may not have known about. Pay it forward....what a wonderful concept!